Wednesday, June 4, 2008

nobody knows the wreck of the soul the way you do

Why is figuring out a damn laptop so stupid and stressful? Why is it going to cost me extra to get an older model that isn't blessed with the leprosy that is Vista? Why do I have to pay almost $200 more to have this thing equipped with Microsoft Word? That's garbage on several levels. How am I expected to me an even remotely effective English major/college student/human being without Word? What the hell am I supposed to do, type things out on Wordpad? Also, why can't I get this with XP and a lime green color and no webcam?!?! Bunk. I hate technology. I'm going to stick to my fucking abacus and papyrus over here, THANKS.

Ugh, sorry. It's been a long day, full of small children and cramps and hour-lateness and not caffeine and not socializing with people whose verbal skills are developed as mine, ergo, this owly mood.

I need to think about nice things. Like the fact that I get to go to H&M and Urban Outfitters this weekend. (And not the fact that it involves me disappearing out of my own social life for almost four days.) Or the fact that I bought a really cute black coat last night, and that it was totally justified because: 1. It was $17. 2. I did not actually own a black dressy coat before this, just my ugly black puffy winter jacket. 3. It is totally the short version of the light blue coat I wanted so badly from Target last fall that reminded me of Madeline's coat, which they never stocked in my size, with the buttons and the peter pan collar and everything.

Okay. Clearly I've expended myself here, because I'm beat.

No comments: