Thursday, May 15, 2008

take me to the place i love. take me all the way.

Maybe this is just a subconscious clinging-to-childhood type of thing, but I am really digging the rock bands that peaked in the 90s lately. It reminds me of summers when I was a kid, when my mom got so tired of us calling her every fifteen minutes that she would just bring us to her office as punishment, and she listened to this stuff on the radio the whole time she was at work. I hated it at the time, and I wished she would just listen to A*Teens, because I was too stupid to know about ABBA. But, anyway. I've been listening to a really obscene amount of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Verve Pipe, and Goo Goo Dolls lately, and it's been bringing me an obscene amount of joy.

That said, I am so not clinging to anything from the past, or even any of the present right now. Today we had our last lovely NDA all-school liturgy, and we got to turn around and be blessed with Heil Hitler hand gestures-- note: I don't think they're supposed to look like this, but they do when awkward teenage boys do it-- like every senior class gets to do at every last senior mass, and I could not stop smiling. I am so ready to be sent on my merry way.

Then we had cap and gown distribution at lunch, followed by the extravagance that is the senior class picture during 7th hour. I feel like this must be recapped, because it is just one of those quintessential NDA things. Therefore, it shall be done in list format:

1. First of all, the armpit seams of my graduation gown are practically at my hips. It's really unfortunate. Also, Perky thought it would be hilarious to point out my resemblence to Hermione Granger in said gown. And then he repeatedly pointed at locked doors and asked me if I could use my wand to unlock them for the entire duration of the walk to the gym, and other such "comical" jokes. Thank you, Perky.

2. More entertainment from the mind of Perky, shouted just before the first picture was taken: "Wait-- stop! Where's Ricky?" (Ricky was a classic character of the class of 2008 whose destiny, unfortunately, did not entail him graduating with us.) Best part of this comment: Perky is not a hooligan, and everyone just assumed the comment would come from some hooligan, so his ownership of it went unnoticed.

3. Several sundry characters in the back of the picture and their adhesive mustaches.
Photography Man with Massive Mustache: Would the guy with the red hair in the back please remove his mustache?
"The Guy with the Red Hair": No, you take yours off first!

4. Despite any attempts to hamper the mustache-wearing of these individuals, a mustache ended up in every picture. Score.

5. Diana and I, on our way out of the building, deeply sarcastic: Sorry we wore mustaches in the picture, Schultz.
Schultz, with deeper sarcasm than ours: Oh, yes. You are in trouble. (Shakes his fist at us.)

6. "Stop that! I caught you! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!"
Nobody laughed at that but Diana and I, but I am putting it on there anyway.

Then Schultz let us leave school even though seventh hour wasn't finished because he is by far the least real of our many not-real authority figures. All in all, a pretty good fake momentous school day in the life of a senior.

No comments: