Tuesday, April 15, 2008

i was in love with the place in my mind, in my mind

So, I have this really interesting book full of historical essays from crazy people who appeared on C-Span's Booknotes--- which, for the record, I do not actually watch, thank you--- and it is a really enjoyable experience. For example, last night, I read about the daily lives of slaveholding women of the Civil War, and I'm currently reading about the celebrity of Helen Keller. I guess the point is that I would highly recommend this book if you are a nerd, even though it is a really big hardcover which can cause injury in unathletic forearms such as my own.

Can I also mention how improved my general outlook on life has been since The Office and 30 Rock have returned to the airwaves with new episodes? Although I do think last week's Office was a bit mediocre, minus the craziness of Dwight gnawing on that chicken leg. Please don't throw things at me. But 30 Rock always brings pretty intense amounts of joy and the "Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Aaaack!" joke made Sheebs and I laugh forever. (Sheebs is my mother, for the uninitiated.)

So, that's all I have for today, but tomorrow, I think I'm going to write about inappropriate responses to Balderdash questions and tasteless Apples to Apples combinations, or something equally life-altering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please lend me all nerdy books. thank you.