Monday, May 26, 2008

if i traded it all for one thing, just for one thing

Northworst Airlines, you make me sad. I cannot wait until I have expended all my frequent flyer miles and therefore can justify switching airlines. Is it any wonder that my World Perks number ends in Satan's number, 666?

Basically, I have a round-trip ticket anywhere in the US that I need to book by June 21st. Then they were all, "your flight needs to be for a date that is 330 days after June 21st at the absolute most." So that kind of ruins the early-August-trip-to-Boston idea I had in mind. So I guess what I'm saying is... Now I need to, like, have real Spring Break plans next year. Raise your hand if your spring break goes from March 14th to March 22nd next year and you want to take a vacation to somewhere that is not the state of Florida, please and thank you!

Questions: Why is it one hundred dollars cheapter to fly Milwaukee to San Francisco than it is to fly Milwaukee to San Diego (not that this matters because I'm paying in miles)? Also, why the hell would it be cheaper for me to fly Milwaukee-Detroit-Minneapolis-San Francisco than it would for me to fly Milwaukee-Minneapolis-San Francisco? Sometimes I begin to think that Schultz is right about this idea of a national socialized airline, and then I remember that would actually not be an improvement at all.

This website makes me want to cry because that is how idiotic it makes me feel. Now I can't figure out if we were paid in vouchers or miles for the horrifying debacle that was our last flight with them, and I sincerely hope it was in miles because I do not want to have to take two more round-trip flights with these clowns.

That said, this weekend has been completely ridiculous and outstandingly fun. I don't know where to start and I don't even want to implicate anyone in actually having said anything that was said because it is moderately mortifying. Especially for whoever said, "I could totally birth a shooter marble, but probably not one of the regular little ones." I mean, really, who does that? I guess it wasn't as bad as the person who made up a song about not being a fan of mushrooms (to the tune of the mushroom man song) while being in public, though. And, actually, even if I tried to explain it, it probably wouldn't translate well.

Also, my family is completely unruly. On Sunday, I was mocked and ridiculed for making everyone get up for church in a timely fashion. Oh, okay, I didn't know that wasn't the Sunday norm for us anymore. That's cool, though, because apparently my ability to mock others is also no longer one.

If this website could stop making me feel like I'm not worthy of opposable thumbs, that would be really awesome. Grrrrrrr. I'm going to go read a book now because I need to do things I actually like to make up for this online excursion.

No comments: