Tuesday, April 29, 2008

you should probably get to know me. or something.

1. How tall are you barefoot?
5'2".

2. Have you ever smoked heroin?
Nope. In fact, I don't think I even really knew they made smokable heroin. I'm naive.

3. Do you own a gun?
Nope, and I never will. Because my lifestyle does not require one but rather makes it an unnecessary and dangerous extravagance, and I think more people need to realize that they are also in those circumstances.

4. Do you play with the ads on the side of the screen?
No.

5. Do you get nervous before "meeting the parents"?
I never have, but I doubt I will. Parents and I usually get along quite well.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
Blarg. I haven't eaten one of those since I had a say in what I ate.

7. What's your favorite Christmas song?
"O Holy Night."

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Coffee.

9. Can you do push ups?
Barely. This is not related to my complete absence of muscle but rather to my withered and decrepit left arm.

10. Is your bathroom clean?
Yes.

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
Well, my ring, of course. Although I did find some amazing earrings at Target last Friday. Target = love of my life.

12. Do you like pain killers?
Sure, when I need them.

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
I don't really spend my time thinking about how to ensnare anybody.

14. Do you own a knife?
For culinary purposes.

15. Do you have A.D.H.D?
No.

16. Middle Name?
Marie.

18. What's your normal bed time?
I have no normal bedtime.

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
Good old Diet Coke, water, coffee.

20. What time did you wake up today?
6:40. 20 minutes late. Oh yeah, sleeping in.

21. Name one person that comes to mind right now.
Diana. The last question reminded me of her because she loves sleeping so very, very much.

22. Current worry
I think I screwed up my online pizza order. Which would be fine if my brother wasn't so damn ornery tonight. Oh well.

23. Current hate?
Intolerance.

24. Favorite place to be?
The beach, anywhere with my friends (particularly Diana's kitchen), Church (the only place where my brain shuts up), my mom's house, my uncle BB's huge Monona house with all the crazy hiding spaces, Brigid's cottage. I'm content nearly anywhere.

25. Least favorite place to be?
Hmmm... well, farms. I just have very little fondness for the way they smell. Also, places where one can acquire ticks.

27. Do you own slippers?
Well... they are kind of like a slipper/moon boot hybrid. Allegedly people who climb Mt. Everest wear them in their tents at night? I don't know. My godmother just buys me these things when she feels like it's vital.

28. What shirt are you wearing?
A blue crewneck sweater. Deeply enthralling, I know.

29. How many people have ever truly broken your heart?
None. I'm pretty scrappy.

30. Favorite color(s)?
Blue and green.

31. Would you be a pirate?
Yes, if only as a formal commemoration of pirate night.

32. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
Easter?

33. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don't, really.

34. What did you fear was going to get you in the night as a child?
I used to have recurring dreams that I was a mouse being chased by a big red cat.

35. What's in your pockets right now?
Change from Papa John's, where they gave my carryout to someone else.

36. Is anyone on your mind right now?
My momma, because I'm on the phone with her listening to the story of how she cut her thumb open and it gushed blood and she almost fainted. But my stepdad is yelling about how she was hardly bleeding.

37. Do you think you get enough exercise?
Absolutely not.

38. Worst injury you've ever had?
The busted-up left elbow incident was really awful.

39. If you could cheat on your spouse, would you?
No.

41. Who is your loudest friend?
We're all pretty noisy, but probably Brigid.

42. Who is your most silent friend?
I wouldn't say that Elly is the most silent, but she is the quietest, and also the most profound.

43. Does someone have a crush on you?
Doubt it.

44. Do you wish on shooting stars?
Not really.

45. What is your favorite book?
Ughhhh you know I cannot answer that question, survey.

46. What is your favorite candy?
Kit Kats. Oh, also, IceBreakers now makes these fantastic raspberry iced-tea flavored breath freshening things and they are fab.

47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding?
"The Luckiest" by Ben Folds.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral?
Something that inappropriately references fire in honor of my cremains.

49. What is one of your favorite quotes?
"He told me I better not have laughed, and I said, only for five minutes straight!" -my godmother, during our half-hour phone conversation tonight. This quote sums up the two of us so well.

50. What were you doing 12 AM last night?
Watching Conan and writing in my notebook.

No comments: