So, Elly and I finally saw The Dark Knight tonight and it was very, very good. Not the greatest movie ever made, but still awesome. It was so easy to become completely absorbed in it, and I have many a thought to share:
1. This movie is so intense. I blinked roughly four times. Which is even more impressive when you consider that I cried three times.
2. Heath Ledger's performance is as ridiculous and amazing as everyone says, but you don't really think of it as "Heath Ledger's performance" when you're watching the movie. He completely becomes the character, who is totally out of his freaking mind.
3. Maggie Gyllenhaal schools Katie Holmes. She has an actual presence and fits the character so well. Also, her wardrobe is awesome.
4. Gotham license plates look like FIB plates. Was that intentional?
5. Also... Anthony Michael Hall is in this movie. That made me really happy even though I didn't realize it was him until I was driving home from the theater.
6. I think Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, and Gary Oldman are maybe the best part of the movie. I know, I'm supposed to say that Heath Ledger was the best part, and he was amazing, but I love those three. Like, I want to be best friends with all of them. Is that weird?
7. I can't wait for the next installment, and I'm really interested to see what they do with it and trying to figure out how it works with contract information. I'm really glad Robin won't be a part of it, though... he ruins everything.
Hangnails are shitty. I promise to be a better updater in the future.